POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parallel / Distributed Network Rendering Included in POV : Re: Patcher-bashing Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:12:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patcher-bashing
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 24 Nov 2001 19:44:27
Message: <3c003eeb$1@news.povray.org>
>   Did he say that people shouldn't try? I didn't see him saying that.
> I think that he was talking about _discussions_ about the issue (if I
> understood correctly, discussions of type "someone should do this and
> this").

it came across as "please stop talking about this, its been discussed to
death before, its far to difficult, you should be happy with the explanation
in the vfaq"

sorry, but parallel \ distributed rendering is a feature that I for one
really need, and the lack of such a feature in current versions (or in any
foreseeable future versions) is one of the main reasons I do not use pov
(commercial & hobby) as much as I would like.

--

Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key